Dhanurasana (bow pose) is made up of two words Dhanu and Asana, where Dhanu means bow and Asana means yoga posture. Hence it is called Dhanurasana by combining both words. While performing this asana, the body becomes the shape of a bow. In this posture, the abdomen and thigh form as part of the bow and the lower part of the legs and arms act as the trunk of the bow. This is a very important asana which has many benefits when performed. Today, in this article, we will tell about the method of performing Dhanurasana, the advantages of doing Dhanurasana and precautions while doing Dhanurasana.
By doing this asana, weight not only reduces, but it also strengthens the lower back, prevents asthma and makes the spine more flexible as well as keeps many parts of the body healthy.
1- By doing its regular exercises, the stomach and its surrounding area is stretched the most. Which makes your digestive system better.
By this, it removes indigestion, indigestion and stomach disorders. Along with this, regular exercise helps to balance hunger.
Regularizing this also helps in reducing weight and reducing fat.
Diseases related to menstruation are overcome.
With this exercise, the maximum stretch falls on the spine, which makes the spine strong.
This asana is also very beneficial for women who have thyroid problems.
This causes thyroid problems to a great extent.
Precautions while doing Dhanurasana(bow pose)
There are many benefits of performing Dhanurasana, but some precautions are also to be taken while doing it. There are some disorders and problems in the body that increase when you practice it. So in this situation, it is avoided to do this asana. Know here what precautions should be taken while doing this asana.
• Patients with heart diseases should avoid doing this asana. You may have problems due to stress on the heart.
• If you are suffering from high blood pressure then avoid doing this asana. (Read more – Yoga for Low Blood Pressure )
• If you are suffering from hernia, ulcers, colitis and any stomach disease, do not do this asana. Because this posture puts the maximum pressure on the stomach.
• Do not do this asana for at least three hours after eating a meal.
• This asana works to teammate the adrenal gland and nerve center, so do not do Dhanurasana before going to bed at night.
• Pregnant women should not perform Dhanurasana under any condition.
if yoga is very beneficial for body and mind, it is not advisable to try it in lieu of medicine. It will be beneficial to practice yogasanas only under the supervision of the instructor of the yoga center. If there is any physical or mental defect, it will be very beneficial to do the advice of the instructor and under the supervision of the yoga instructor. If there is any physical or mental defect, then practice yoga only after medical advice and permission of the instructor of the yoga center. You canlearn Yoga Teacher Training Course in RishikeshYoga Center in India, which runs its courses in Rishikeshand Goa.